CME Sit-down : Martin Garrix
From achieving unbelievable success at the age of just 17 years, Martin Garrix has come a long way. He recently topped the DJ Mag Top 100 poll to become the World's No.1 DJ. And all this at a very young age goes to show his dedication and talent. With Sunburn Festival announcing a 4 city Tour with Martin Garrix we had a chance to have a small chat with him before he lands in India.
Hi Martin! We're glad to have you with us at the Creative Minds Entertainment. How are you ?
Hi! Great to be here. I am good, thank you & hope you're doing good as wel.
1. Starting off, it's been roughly a year since you came to the Indian shores. The scene couldn't be any better today, with you coming to India again & again! What is the first thought which comes to your mind, when you get the booking for ‘India’?
I love coming to India. Multiple reasons! The people are so friendly here, so much energy, so much love. I love the country and it is a perfect reason to eat more Indian food! Every producer looks forward to a reason to sneak into India.
2. You are working with Carl Cox on a documentary called 'What We Started'. Can you share something on that with us?
It was great to be working on this documentary. He is an amazing guy who has been in the scene for a long time. I remember listening to his music when I was younger, so to be featured in this next to him is inspiring. The creators are just completing the film so I can’t really tell you that much about it, but you should definitely check it out once it’s released!
3. 7-releases in 7-days! You surely have kept your fans on their toes for quite some time for the official album release date. When can we expect that? Anytime soon?
Well, I just released seven new songs during the Amsterdam Dance Event to thank the fans for their patience and for another crazy year! I want the album to be perfect, so it’s going to take a little more time. As they say, "patience is a virtue", just some more time to deliver what my fans deserve!
4. One last question, any message to be given to your Indians fans before you embark on this 4-city tour?
I just want to thank you for your non-stop support which I can surely see over my social media accounts & fan pages. It's immense & pretty emotional.
It means a lot to me!
5. Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule and giving us an opportunity to interview the new world No. 1!!
No Problem guys, looking forward to see you all in India & I hope that you all have a great time at the show. Cheers!!
INTERVIEW / 3 years Ago