CME Sit-down : Alesso
It follows a blowout year for Alesso that cemented him as one of the top producers in the dance world. In short time span, he released his debut LP FOREVER, which debuted top 10 on iTunes in the UK, Japan & Sweden, hit #1 on the US dance charts and included four UK top 10 singles including his massive platinum certified global hit ‘Heroes’ featuring Tove Lo. He also amassed 1.3 billion overall streams worldwide in 2015 as well as launching trailblazing collaborations with Carolina Herrera and PAY DAY 2. In addition, he's played some of the biggest festivals across the world and sold out his headlining show at the legendary Greek Theatre in his native Sweden a few days ago.
We had a chat with the Swede post EDC INDIA. You can have a glance below!
• Kicking off, it's been three years since you came to the Indian shores. The scene couldn't be any better today, than it was 3 years ago. What was the first thought which came in your mind, when you got the booking "India"!
Hmmm .. My first thought when I knew I was coming back .. "Damn! Time flies by! But I was so excited to be back!
• Electronic Daisy Carnival has surely set the pace for the global dance music entity. From the vivid colors of the daytime to the night’s neon dreamscapes, every attendee’s imaginations come alive, and seek adventure within EDC’s art-work. As an artist, what's your perspective on this festival?
Electronic Daisy Carnival is unlike any other. They take so much pride in each stage, the dancers, props that you see the festival goer or the "Headliner" has an enriched experience. It's something everyone should try atleast once in their lifetime!
• Music has been an integral part of your career since you were just 19. Do you remember the moment when you realized you'd hit the big mark & also that dance music has come of age worldwide & not just in a particular continent?
When did I hit the big mark? My fourth ever biggest festival was actually at EDC Las Vegas where I got payed a 20 minute set between Swedish House Mafia and Avicii. I was nervous, and actually wanting to chicken out! But of course I didn't and it's one of my most favorite festival memories!
• Covering 100 meters of floor to ceiling LED screens, the immense arrangement which boasted countless piercing lasers and light, and angled inwardly around the decks for an effect unlike anything we’ve seen before, your Greek theater showdown was one like no other. Will this be followed in your touring any soon?
Putting together the Greek theater show was stressful but was so damn rewarding as well. It came out even better than I could've ever imagined in my wildest dreams. You'll just have to wait & watch for my plans of 2017!
• Between the release of your debut album and high end performances round the globe, it’s safe to assert that 2015 was a landmark year for you. With the release of your recent collaboration alongside Dillon Francis, which new project has Alesso taken up or looks forward to in the coming days?
I'm working on a lot of new music right now with some really special collaboration. 2017 has some big plans in store for my fans so you'll just have to wait & see. Don't want to spoil it so early!
• Since it took you quite some time to return back to the land of gods, any message which you would like to convey to your Indian fans?
Sorry for the wait guys! Had one hell of a party
Thank you ALESSO for this amazing interview. Hope to see you in India soon!
INTERVIEW / 1 year Ago