Inviting applications for the ‘Citi – NCPA Scholarship for Indian Music’ for 2017-2018
- Entries for scholarship in advanced training in Vocal – Dhrupad, Khayal and Instruments – Tabla, Pakhawaj
- Application to be sent to NCPA before 30th December, 2016
- Candidates between 18 – 30 years of age are eligible to apply
- Scholarship of Rs.7,500/- per month for the year 2017-2018
Mumbai, December 2016: The National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai and Citi India, jointly invite applications for the ‘Citi – NCPA Scholarship for Indian Music’. This is the 9th edition of the ‘Citi-NCPA Guru Shishya Scholarship Program- a scholarship in advanced training in Hindustani Music aimed at the preservation and propagation of Hindustani music to the next generation.
Continuing in its endeavor to enhance the program, the 2017 edition will be award scholarships for advanced training in Hindustani Music Vocal – Khayal, Dhrupad and percussion instruments – Tabla, Pakhawaj.
Through its longstanding partnership, both Citi and NCPA are deeply committed to preserve, nurture and promote India’s rich cultural heritage, keeping the Guru-Shishya tradition at the heart of each of their year-long programs which include support to Gurus and Shishyas.
Citi – NCPA Scholarship for Indian Music program has always focused on strengthening and furthering the major components of the ecosystem of Hindustani music in the country. This year, the scholarship aims to support nine scholars in the age group of 18 to 30 (as off 1st March 2017), through a year-long (2017-2018) program.
- Candidates are required to submit a written application (bio-data on music education), in an envelope marked ‘Citi – NCPA Scholarship for Indian Music’ to the National Centre for the Performing Arts, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th December, 2016, end of day.
- The application(bio-data) must contain details regarding the individual’s name, date of birth, address, contact number/alternate contact number, professional qualification, email ID, music teachers/gurus, number of years of training and details of achievements/prizes/ scholarships and performances, amongst other noteworthy details.
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed via email or telephone. They will be required to appear for an audition at the NCPA, Mumbai in the month of February 2017. The decision of the NCPA Selection Committee will be final.
- The value of the scholarship is Rs. 7,500/- per month for a period of one year (April 2017 to March 2018).
- Students who are benefitting from any other scholarship in the field of music are not eligible to apply. Also, applicants should not be working as professional musicians.